Hello UVC Control Followers!
There are various outlets for researching what the latest is for UVC 1.0, 1.1 and 1.5 and support for various operating systems. USB Pros just made a great post outlining the different areas where you can find specific support information for: Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems. As it turns out Linux has the best support information for actual devices. This list is available on IdeasOnBoard.org.
- Windows provides the best support for all USB Video Classes but they don’t have the most detailed information about individual devices like Linux
- Link here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff568651(v=vs.85).aspx
- Linux has the best support from a community that has tested and verified most of the USB devices out there. We did not find any newer USB Pan Tilt Zoom cameras on the list
- Link here: http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#status
- Mac has the least amount of support and the link from Wikipedia only mentions that added support for iChat was done in 10.4
- Link here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1525